It finally happened! In a season that felt semi stagnant, the writers finally gave us what we’ve been waiting for: Robin and Barney together, and the proposal! My hubs guessed it about halfway through, and I had to admit he was spot on. I just couldn’t get my head around Barney and Patrice and it felt too cruel for him to just dump her. When it is revealed that she was actually working with Barney the whole time, it couldn’t have been more perfect.
The proposal was incredible, and with tons of intricate planning, in true Barney fashion. I love that he also made sure that Ted closed the door completely, so he wouldn’t be stepping on his toes. Good job bro!
There are talks that this may be the final season for HIMYM, but I hope they get renewed for that final season 9. We need to spend more time getting to know the mother, and I can’t wait for all the flash forwards of that happening. Not to mention watching Barney and Robin in their first year of marriage. Now that’s going to be entertaining! For now, I leave you with the final page of Barney’s playbook, the last play he’ll ever need.
- Step 1: Admit to yourself you still have feelings for this girl: “I am hopelessly, irretrievably in love with her. More than she knows.”
- Step 2: Choose the completely wrong moment to make a drunken move after hanging out at a strip club. And get shot down on purpose.
- Step 3: Agree that you two don’t work, locking the door on any future you could have together, “I’m done trying to get you. I can’t do it anymore,” which will drive Robin nuts.
- Step 4: Robin goes nuts.
- Step 5: Find the person who annoys Robin most in the world and ask for her help. Explain everything to Patrice and hope she agrees to help.
- Step 6: Check with your doctor about possible broken ribs.
- Step 7: Pretend to be dating Patrice.
- Step 8: Wait until Robin inevitably breaks into your place to find The Playbook and show it to Patrice, which you’ll monitor via the hidden cameras you have in your apartment.
- Step 9: After Patrice finds The Playbook, have your first big fight.
- Step 10: Prove your loyalty to Patrice by burning The Playbook. And actually burn it. You don’t need it anymore.
- Step 11: Because your friends have no boundaries, they’ll inevitably have an intervention for Robin, which you’ll monitor via the hidden cameras you have in Marshall and Lily’s apartment.
- Step 12: Tell only Ted about your plan to propose to Patrice.
- Step 13: Wait and see if Ted tells Robin, and if he does, it means your best bro in the world has let go of Robin and has given you his blessing.
- Step 14: Robin arrives at her favorite spot in the city and finds the secret final page of The Playbook, the last play you’ll ever run.
- Step 15: Robin realizes she’s standing underneath mistletoe.
- Step 16: Hope she says yes.