This.show. It is truly one of the best shows I’ve ever watched. I’m sad that the season is already over, but I’m excited that there are at least 2 more to go, and hopefully many more after that. I have fallen in love with these characters (Jack, you are truly the perfect husband) and their storylines. I love that I cry every episode, and I am always left wanting more. It’s TV at its finest!
This past week, the Hubs and I were discussing ways we can trim down our monthly budget. It made us cringe looking at our cable bill. With all the networks having their shows online, and with things like Redbox, Netflix and Hulu Plus, we thought, why are we paying so much just to have cable? So we’ve decided to cut ties with the evilness that is Comcast. I got a great deal on Uverse Internet and home phone, and at the start of the year, no more traditional cable tv.
I’m going to have to keep up with my shows another way. Most likely I’ll just watch them on my computer, but if we find we want to watch more, we may sign up for Netflix or Hulu Plus. I’m also going to get us a cheap antennae, which will allow us to watch all the local channels. I’m really excited about this change, and I hope it means that we read more, snuggle more, and most importantly, spend more time with little man.
It finally happened! In a season that felt semi stagnant, the writers finally gave us what we’ve been waiting for: Robin and Barney together, and the proposal! My hubs guessed it about halfway through, and I had to admit he was spot on. I just couldn’t get my head around Barney and Patrice and it felt too cruel for him to just dump her. When it is revealed that she was actually working with Barney the whole time, it couldn’t have been more perfect.
The proposal was incredible, and with tons of intricate planning, in true Barney fashion. I love that he also made sure that Ted closed the door completely, so he wouldn’t be stepping on his toes. Good job bro!
There are talks that this may be the final season for HIMYM, but I hope they get renewed for that final season 9. We need to spend more time getting to know the mother, and I can’t wait for all the flash forwards of that happening. Not to mention watching Barney and Robin in their first year of marriage. Now that’s going to be entertaining! For now, I leave you with the final page of Barney’s playbook, the last play he’ll ever need.
- Step 1: Admit to yourself you still have feelings for this girl: “I am hopelessly, irretrievably in love with her. More than she knows.”
- Step 2: Choose the completely wrong moment to make a drunken move after hanging out at a strip club. And get shot down on purpose.
- Step 3: Agree that you two don’t work, locking the door on any future you could have together, “I’m done trying to get you. I can’t do it anymore,” which will drive Robin nuts.
- Step 4: Robin goes nuts.
- Step 5: Find the person who annoys Robin most in the world and ask for her help. Explain everything to Patrice and hope she agrees to help.
- Step 6: Check with your doctor about possible broken ribs.
- Step 7: Pretend to be dating Patrice.
- Step 8: Wait until Robin inevitably breaks into your place to find The Playbook and show it to Patrice, which you’ll monitor via the hidden cameras you have in your apartment.
- Step 9: After Patrice finds The Playbook, have your first big fight.
- Step 10: Prove your loyalty to Patrice by burning The Playbook. And actually burn it. You don’t need it anymore.
- Step 11: Because your friends have no boundaries, they’ll inevitably have an intervention for Robin, which you’ll monitor via the hidden cameras you have in Marshall and Lily’s apartment.
- Step 12: Tell only Ted about your plan to propose to Patrice.
- Step 13: Wait and see if Ted tells Robin, and if he does, it means your best bro in the world has let go of Robin and has given you his blessing.
- Step 14: Robin arrives at her favorite spot in the city and finds the secret final page of The Playbook, the last play you’ll ever run.
- Step 15: Robin realizes she’s standing underneath mistletoe.
- Step 16: Hope she says yes.
I just saw this article, and I couldn’t be more excited. Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel are reprising their roles, from Boy Meets World as Cory and Topanga! This time they’re grown ups, raising their own kids, in this spin off called Girl Meets World. I’m so excited to see that the original Cory and Topanga will be back!
Will it be as good as Boy Meets World? Unlikely. Will it be silly and cheesy like the original? Of course. I can’t wait to check it out!
This week I’ve been anxiously waiting for our loan to fund. How many hoops must a homebuyer jump through? Uck. Also, I’m trying to soak up tv since once we move we’ll probably be without for at least 3-5 days. Hopefully less!
So this week I watched all of my regulars, and as previously blogged, I started up with Once Upon a Time. This show is seriously awesome guys. If you’re not watching it, start! I love fairytales and seeing them with a new spin is just awesome.
I’m not going to recap each episode of the shows I watched. But I will just give you a brief rundown of what’s frustrating me:
-How I Met Your Mother: OMGosh! Robin and Barney kiss! But what does this mean for Barney and Nora? And Robin and Kevin? And what about that guy she keeps running into that Ted teased us with, saying their story wasn’t over yet? I need more input!
-Desperate Housewives: Why are Lynette and Tom separated? It makes zero sense. They were the one couple who had the most chemistry. They better get back together before the series ends.
-Parenthood: How annoyed are you with Sarah? I’m so pissed at her. She finally gets the hunky teacher, and she’s pinning away for her deadbeat rehab flunky ex husband? REALLY?! Also Jasmine and the doctor make me sad. Poor Crosby’s face is pure heartbreak when she says it’s getting serious. Oh and Haddie’s reaction to her baby sister is pretty selfish, though I think I’d be annoyed if my parents had a baby when I was 17 too.
-Parks & Recreation: I want Leslie and Ben back together. Boo to their breakup. It sucks. The end.
-Desperate Housewives: It drives me nuts that Lynett broke it off with Tom. He was the only good husband on that show, and she treats him like garbage. It’s the last season of the show, all I can hope is that she will take him back before it’s over. Meanwhile Carlos and Susan are getting close over the murder. I really hope there is no cheating there because that would be so gross.
-How I Met Your Mother: This episode didn’t do much to move the story along, but it was entertaining. Poor Ted is a third wheel creeper: “Our baby” as he kept calling Lily and Marshall’s bun. And Robin showed the green monster inside her with her jealousy of Nora and Barney. The teaser for Lily’s birth was torture. I can’t wait to see what happens! Enough fluff episodes, let’s move the story along folks!
-The Lying Game: Ethan is all bummed because he caught Emma making out ( or so he thought) with her foster brother but he doesn’t realize he’s scum and she was disgusted. Meanwhile Sutton is stuck in the mental hospital and no one knows she’s in there. She gets sprung by Emma’s bff but of course doesn’t know her at all. Luckily Ethan figures out that Emma isn’t into said foster bro bro and ends up smacking the guy up.
-Tia & Tamara: The baby! Tia’s baby boy finally arrives. He’s so sweet. And honestly, I don’t blame Tamara for wanting a baby. She’s 30 fing 3 for crying out loud. Chop chop doesn’t begin to cut it. She should have started trying 3 to 4 years ago. I’ll be annoyed if she has to resort to fertility drugs. And omg how much does Tamara’s therapist bug the crap out of you? It bugs me! The woman doesn’t even BLINK!
-Up All Night: I love how Reagan is fighting the mom car so badly. I feel her pain! When we start a family I don’t want some ugo mom car, but I’m also way too practical to resist it. I put my foot down on mini vans though. No mini van! I love that her hubby helps her trick out her mom car and make her feel cool again.
-The Secret Circle: OMG terrifying! I was sooo freaked out. This episode was definitely more on the scary scale of witch craft and dark magic. Wow. I can’t even describe it.
That said this is what I watched this week:
–How I Met Your Mother: Drumroll please! Oh Victoria, she is so sweet. I am so glad that the writers didn’t have Ted and Victoria get back together. As much as I love her, we know she’s not the mother, so it’s time move on. The little bomb dropped at the end about how the friendship with Robin wasn’t working was pretty big. We know that in the first episode
–Ellen: The most adorable of actresses, Jennifer Garner, was a guest this week. I just love her!
–Parenthood: I feel so bad for Julia and their adoption woes. So sad. Haddie needs to end her relationship. He’s a great guy but it’s just way way too adult for her. According to previews, it looks like he feels the same way.
–Modern Family: Laugh out loud episode, especially with Cam and Mitchell. Did anyone else see that flip out scene of Mitchell coming? I know I didn’t! I love how much Jay loves that little dog, especially since he said he didn’t want it.
–The Middle: Poor poor awkward Sue Heck. Like Axl says, she’s such a dork optimist! Love it. But ugh, the Heck house makes my OCD skin crawl. I just want to come over there and clean it. Do people really live like that?!
–Happy Endings: Year of Penny! How much do you love Penny’s apartment? Isn’t it amahzing? Lol! Great episode, funny as per usual.
–Parks & Recreation: Oh John Ralfio. I love his appearances, he’s such a random, douchy bag of awesome. His and Tom’s company is going to tank so fast! I loved the bag of crazy that was the Tammy circle in Ron’s life.
–Community: Britta has gotten so gross! Wasn’t she the sex symbol of the show before? I loved her scenes with Chang though. Cracked up. I need more Abed in my life, let’s get an episode where it’s focused on him and his awkwardness shall we?
–Grey’s Anatomy: Seriously? Why must this show go back and forth with the stupid relationships. There are outside forces that can cause drama. It doesn’t always have to be will they or won’t they get back together. Stupid MerDer. Why do I keep watching this show? The first two seasons were SO.MUCH.BETTER. I miss Izzie and George!
–The Vampire Diaries: Stephan has another ex love besides Katherine? Ooooohhh. I’m entrigued. Does this mean the way has been cleared for Elena and Damon to finally be together? Make it happen people! Also, how cute was Tyler rescuing poor Caroline. I have really grown to love her character and I was glad she was saved by the hunky werewolf.
–The Secret Circle: Deranged psychos chasing down the witches? Eek! It was a pretty cool episode. I liked it better than last week’s. I don’t get why the group can’t use their powers at least slightly when they’re alone. Seems kind of lame, and dangerous! I wonder how long it will take Cassie to tell everyone that she found a book as well.
–Revenge: Started tuning into this show. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Right now it’s just something to watch on the ipad while I’m cooking dinner. I don’t think I like it that much. Anyone else catch it?
- How I Met Your Mother-I already did a write up on it, so I won’t repeat myself. I’ll just say it was awesome as always. “Streaking around the East Village showing brain.” Freaking hilarious quotes!
- Two and a Half Men-Don’t ask my why I watched this show, but I did. I was sucked in by Ashton Kutcher, and I wanted to know how they’d handle the Charlie Sheen debacle. I didn’t watch much of the show before, so it’s hard to judge what it was like previously. Ashton’s character is kind of funny, but I don’t think I’ll continue to watch the show. I just don’t see the appeal.
- 2 Broke Girls-What can I say? I was bored so I watched it. The promos were terrible so I had very low expectations. It was pretty terrible and the jokes were vulgar. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by how bad it was.
- Tia & Tamara-I’m still sad for Tia that her man is always gone. I think I’ve seen him on the show twice briefly and they have a baby due soon. Wtf? Tamara decides to try to get back into her career. It’s still so amazing to see how different these two sisters are. Tamara is very immature and seems to cry at the drop of a hat. She also can’t even be away from her husband for one night, when her pregnant sister needs her. That’s so freaking lame to me. I’m glad she has her sister to encourage her to have her own personality and not to wrap her world around her husband.
- The Lying Game-Ugh, I can’t stand Sutton! Bitching out Emma for kissing her boyfriend, meanwhile she’s hooking up with another guy. Lame! But the look on her face when Ethan dumps her ass is priceless. Haha! I can’t believe that Sutton found Annie. And what the heck are up with her dad and Madeline’s dad and the connection with Annie? Madeline’s dad is sooo creepy and shady. I’m pretty sure he beat up Eduardo and landed him in the hospital (ps Eduardo is hot stuff!). This show is getting better and better. I love the mystery.
- New Girl-Love this cast. But the minute I saw Damon Wayons Jr. I was like, ack does this mean Happy Endings is canceled? Lucky for me it’s not. But that means they have to recast his character on New Girl. On to the plot: I feel bad for Jess, who has just caught her boyfriend cheating. She ends up moving in with three bachelors and of course hilarity ensues. “I don’t want her. I want to come home at the end of a long day and let my beans out. Let em breath.” Hilarious quote. She’s a total basketcase because of her breakup, and it’s so funny to watch.
- Raising Hope-That baby is so stinking cute! Not all tv babies are very cute, but Hope is just precious. I love her little laugh. The Chance family always cracks me up, and the season premiere was no exception.
- Up All Night-Oh the Brinkleys. They are trying so hard to be cool, but they’re having to face the facts that they’re “those neighbors” now. I love how much they try to impress their new trendy neighbors who are so ridiculous.
- Free Agents-I tuned in this week, hoping the show would be less sad and more funny now that they’ve set the premise. I liked the flirtations lessons that she tries to give Emma. I did laugh a bit more than last week and it wasn’t nearly as depressing. It’s still not my favorite show.
- Vampire Diaries-Is it just me or has it gotten way more scary and gory? Ewww so much blood. And I totally jumped when Jeremy sees both of his dead girlfriends. Spooky! I love love love the sexual tension going on with Damon and Elena. I want them to be together but I just don’t see how that’s possible since we all know Stefan will end up back to normal eventually.
- The Secret Circle-I wasn’t as impressed this week but I will still keep watching. I can’t stand Faye. That girl is terrible! And now the rest of them are bound to her forever, bleck. I think next door neighbor hottie is way cuter than Adam, the one that Cassie has this special connection with. But he’s not bad on the eyes either.
- The Middle-The camping trip was hilarious, especially the honeymoon flashback. It’s totally what me and the Hubs would have done if we’d had the time. We have only gone on camping trips since we got married actually, so I guess that’s our vacation of choice. The Hecks did it in true style, with screaming and yelling and awkward family moments.
- Modern Family-Amazing freaking show as usual. I laughed SOOOO hard. The dude ranch episode was funny, but my favorite was the following episode where Lily talks about wanting to “kill the baby”. OMG so creepy/funny. The scene with Mitchell’s inability to share, and Cam’s coddling were so freaking funny. If you’re not watching this show you are missing out hardcore.
- Community– The study group takes Bio together.
- Parks & Recreation– Love my Parks & Rec crew.
It was premiere week for Parenthood and Vampire Diaries and three highly anticipated sitcoms, Up All Night, The Secret Circle and Free Agents. I was so excited to have new shows to watch!
1. Parenthood- A lot more than a summer has passed for the Bravermans. It’s actually been 6 whole months since we left off with the fast talking family. Christina is hugely pregnant but still working hard to support the family, while poor Adam is lost without a job. Crosby is still obviously missing Jasmine, but he’s back to his womanizing ways. Luckily he is managing to still be a good daddy to the ever adorable Jabar. I was excited to see the hot teacher Sean make an appearance and I think we’ll be seeing more of him in Sarah’s life. I’m heartbroken for Haddie and her relationship, but I know that needs to end and fast. Alex is a hot mess, and he really shouldn’t be hanging out with a senior who is just harmlessly being that, a senior in high school. As great a guy as he is, he’s got way too many grown up problems and Haddie should focus on enjoying her youth. I feel terrible for Julia, and it must be so hard watching your sis in law swell with her third pregnancy while she’s desperately trying for a second. I have a feeling she’s going to offend the crap out of the latte girl when she asks if she can adopt her baby. But we’ll see, maybe it’ll be fate intervening.
2. Up All Night-I’ve been waiting all summer for this show. I love love love Christina Applegate and I love the whole premise of the show. It didn’t disappoint. The first scene, best quote, was “Quit saying there’s a baby in there. It’s like there’s a baby hiding in the closet with a knife or something.” Bahahahahaha, hilarious. Then the swearing scene. This is going to be a bleeping amazing show!!
3. The Secret Circle-All I will say is if you like Twilight, or Vampire Diaries, or any show with a supernatural vibe, you will LOVE The Secret Circle. Cassie is a recent orphan who moves in with her grandmother to a small town and discovers she’s a witch.
4. Tia & Tamara-Best quote of the episode, “You just don’t eat a pregnant lady’s cupcake.” Seriously, did Tamara have a death wish?! I can’t believe Tamara is so bad about learning how to incorporate Adam’s things into her condo. A lot of his stuff isn’t that bad actually. The clutter I don’t like, but he does have some great trinkets. She just needs to make him a man cave. It’s also really bad that she’s constantly calling the condo “her place”. It’s their place! They just really need to move to a new place that’s neutral. I also think it’s sort of silly that Tamara is seeing a therapist. I think she just needs to grow up a little. Tia seems a lot more mature and able to handle stress than her twin.
5. The Lying Game- The more I watch this show, the more I can’t stand Sutton. I guess maybe that was the writer’s goal? Sutton is mad because Emma is “screwing up her life one yearbook page at a time” when really she’s just making her a better, nicer, more caring person. It’s revealed at the end of this episode that the twins’ mother is actually still alive, and living in a nearby mental hospital. I’m ready for the next episode!
6. Free Agents-Mehhhh. I don’t know about this show. Pilots are sometimes weak so I will give it another shot, but so far I’m not that impressed. I like the cast so I had high hopes, but the storyline was so sad. A woman whose fiance died a year ago, and a man who’s going through a divorce. Sad sad sad. And we’re supposed to laugh at their misery?
7. Vampire Diaries-Elena has been searching for Stefan who is off killing people and doing Klaus’s bidding. He’s indebted to him for saving Damon’s life. Jeremy is seeing dead people everywhere he goes. Oh and he got way way hotter this year. There are an awful lot of hotties on this show. I think it’s the main reason I watch. 🙂 I’m not a big fan of all the blood and guts, but I like the rest. I felt so bad for Elena and her heartbreak over knowing that Stefan is now a killer. But the phone call between them was one of those bittersweet and romantic moments that makes the show. I was so excited that Caroline and Tyler hooked up. Um, yum! But I can’t believe his mom shot Caroline with vervane. Craziness!
2. The Secret Life of the American Teenager-I was glad that Ricky proposed to Amy. I don’t think Graduation was the appropriate venue though. Did anyone else see Ann’s expression? She didn’t seem too thrilled that her 17 year old daughter is engaged. Can’t blame her on that one! The rest of the storylines were just silly. Grace and Jack kissing, yup we saw that one coming. But Grace is a fickle little pickle and she will totally hook up with Grant again this summer. As for Madison hooking up with Jesse, that was just plain messed up. I can’t stand that hoe. I was glad Adrienne is finally over Ricky, but sleeping with Ben’s best friend? That’s low, even for her.
3. Ellen– Everytime Justin Timberlake’s on the show I crack up. That guy is a total goofball. I’m ready for the fall season to see what Ellen has in store.
I’ve been watching tons of reruns of all my favs, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Parks & Rec, and more. I’m just so ready for fall. Hurry up already! I can’t avoid these terrible reality shows much longer!