I didn’t turn on the tv once during vacation and it was kind of nice to unplug. I also didn’t have internet and it was sort of wonderful. Now that I’m back I’m back into my couch potato routine and enjoying all my favorite trashy tv shows.
1. The Secret Life of the American Teenager– Amy wants Ricky to come to some big graduation party at a lake house. Ricky refuses, but it’s because he is planning to propose graduation night. Amy doesn’t know this and is pouting because he won’t take her. The silly custody battle with Ben’s friends is just plain dumb. Adrian is so messed up it’s not even funny. I really wish Amy would just punch that crazy bitch in the face and be done with it! I’m annoyed that they still haven’t shown the proposal but I’m excited for it. Amy better say yes or I am done with this show.
2. The Lying Game– Emma is getting closer to Sutton’s boy toy. She’s also been “messing up” Sutton’s life by coming clean on many of Sutton’s lies. I definitely like Emma’s character a lot better than Sutton. Sutton is still in LA and she has discovered that the woman on her birth certificate is not really her birth mom. She also finds out that Emma was placed in a wealthy home from the adoption agency as well. I’m just so skeptical of this story. Do adoption agencies really separate twins knowingly? I highly doubt it. But it makes for good tv. It’s obvious there are people out there that don’t want Sutton and Emma to know the truth about their birth parents. I have a theory that the dad is actually Sutton’s godfather. What do you think?
3. Tia & Tamara– Tia’s friend from The Game is adorable, and their re pore together is actually a lot better than with her own husband. Anyone else notice that? Tamara is back from her honeymoon and comes over to visit with Tia and hear all about it. Tia was totally self absorbed and barely listened to Tia’s stories. I have definitely been there with my pregnant friends and it kind of stinks. Hopefully she’ll get better once the baby is born, but somehow I doubt it. My goal when I have a child is to make sure I am still a good friend. I can definitely see the challenge.
4. Friends With Benefits– There were two new episodes this week. The Mardi Gras episode and the Mentor episode. The Mardi Gras one kind of annoyed me, with Sara’s bitchy sister being really rude. The Mentor epsiode was kind of funny with Aaron dating his previously mentor student now turned porn star. I really want to like this show, but there is just something lacking with the characters. They just aren’t as funny as the cast from Happy Endings.
This week my TV watching was a bit distracted. We put an offer in on a house and we’re waiting to hear back. EEEEEE!!! In the meantime I’ve filled up my idle time with a lot of tv but in the back of my head I just keep thinking I hope I hope I hope we get it.
1. The Secret Life of the American Teenager-Some story lines were downright annoying, but the one I cared about was Ricky and Amy. She’s sucking up to him big time hoping he’ll propose and he’s milking it. The good news is he has a plan to propose on graduation night! But this episode just felt like a time waster leading up to next week’s episode. All of the side stories just bugged me. Who cares about Madison? That girl is just plain aggravating.
2. Tia & Tamara– This is the epitome of a chick show for me. Totally girlie and over the top fake drama. These girls are so silly! But I love watching the circus unfold. Tamara is such a stress case over the wedding and worrying about way too much. Tia is kind of wrapped up in her own world, which is kind of a bummer. At the same time, she’s super pregnant and not in the wedding spirit, which is understandable but also frustrating since when it was her day, Tamara was there for her. The whole baby moon thing that Tia wants to do, the same weekend as Tamara’s wedding is a little F’d up. If she really has to have one, couldn’t she go up a day early? Oh and modeling lingerie for her twin sister is kind of creepy. I also feel like the baby moon story line was a little bit staged. I also feel bad for Tia because it seems like her husband Cory doesn’t care much about about her. He just has this aloof presence. Is it just me who thinks that?
3. The Lying Game-The pilot ended on a suspenseful note when Sutton is in a car and lets out a gasp when someone gets in the car, but we don’t see who it is. I was confused when I saw it and actually thought it was Emma. The second episode starts with Emma waking up in Sutton’s bed and still being distracted and worried about where Sutton is. She’s now in cahoots with Ethan, Sutton’s secret boyfriend. It’s good that Emma has at least one person to talk to. Only problem is Laurel overheard some of their convo. Sutton finally contacts Emma, and we now know she’s in LA with one of Sutton’s friends’ brothers. There are some family secrets still being hinted at, and Sutton’s parents catch Emma with Ethan.
You know what bugs me about this show? Why couldn’t they just use actual identical twins? It’s like the Parent Trap all over again. It just bugs me! The other part that killed me was the ballet dance scene where Sutton’s friend has her hips sticking out like she’s in dire need of a burger. It’s sooo gross. What is wrong with girls today? EAT SOMETHING!
4. Million Dollar Rooms– I stumbled across this show while I was channel surfing and it was awesome! They show these over the top lavish rooms that these crazy rich people have spent millions on. I love shows like that.