If you’re not watching New Girl, you need to turn off whatever horrible reality show you’re watching, go to On Demand, and catch up. New Girl is possibly the best lighthearted comedy on television right now. I consistently belly laugh every episode. It’s the perfect pick me up after a bad day. I also like that you can watch the show out of order if you wanted, and you wouldn’t be too lost. That said, if you’re missing an episode to watch some mindless drivel like The Bachelor, you should be smacked upside your empty head. Just sayin’.
Here are just a few of my favorite quotes from this season so far:
Schmidt: Hey, Winston, tell him what you have.
Winston: Sympathy PMS. It’s a real thing, I looked it up.
Nick: Sympathy PMS? What’s that?
Jess: No! PMS is mine! Stop stealing my stuff, Winston.
Melissa: I’m 32, but my eggs are 48, and my vagina is 97.
Nick: I am so uncomfortable.
Sadie: But it gets better with age. It’s like the vagina Helen Mirren.
Nick: Oh, boy.
[After Nick’s father, Walt, convinced Jess to buy a horse for Nick]
Walt: I already got people standing by to take the horse off our hands. Horse semen in Dubai is gold!
Jess: No, you can’t sell A Father’s Love. There’s more to A Father’s Love than just semen! Ew! Poetic, but ew.
Now go watch New Girl, and then thank me later for all the laughs. You’re welcome!
Holy watched too much TV batman! After writing them all down I’m a little amazed at just how many shows I was able to see this week. Thank God for DVRs right? Still, looking at this list I’m grateful I was still able to leave the house and see the 3 dimensional people. 😉 Great week of premieres though!
- How I Met Your Mother-I already did a write up on it, so I won’t repeat myself. I’ll just say it was awesome as always. “Streaking around the East Village showing brain.” Freaking hilarious quotes!
- Two and a Half Men-Don’t ask my why I watched this show, but I did. I was sucked in by Ashton Kutcher, and I wanted to know how they’d handle the Charlie Sheen debacle. I didn’t watch much of the show before, so it’s hard to judge what it was like previously. Ashton’s character is kind of funny, but I don’t think I’ll continue to watch the show. I just don’t see the appeal.
- 2 Broke Girls-What can I say? I was bored so I watched it. The promos were terrible so I had very low expectations. It was pretty terrible and the jokes were vulgar. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by how bad it was.
- Tia & Tamara-I’m still sad for Tia that her man is always gone. I think I’ve seen him on the show twice briefly and they have a baby due soon. Wtf? Tamara decides to try to get back into her career. It’s still so amazing to see how different these two sisters are. Tamara is very immature and seems to cry at the drop of a hat. She also can’t even be away from her husband for one night, when her pregnant sister needs her. That’s so freaking lame to me. I’m glad she has her sister to encourage her to have her own personality and not to wrap her world around her husband.
- The Lying Game-Ugh, I can’t stand Sutton! Bitching out Emma for kissing her boyfriend, meanwhile she’s hooking up with another guy. Lame! But the look on her face when Ethan dumps her ass is priceless. Haha! I can’t believe that Sutton found Annie. And what the heck are up with her dad and Madeline’s dad and the connection with Annie? Madeline’s dad is sooo creepy and shady. I’m pretty sure he beat up Eduardo and landed him in the hospital (ps Eduardo is hot stuff!). This show is getting better and better. I love the mystery.
- New Girl-Love this cast. But the minute I saw Damon Wayons Jr. I was like, ack does this mean Happy Endings is canceled? Lucky for me it’s not. But that means they have to recast his character on New Girl. On to the plot: I feel bad for Jess, who has just caught her boyfriend cheating. She ends up moving in with three bachelors and of course hilarity ensues. “I don’t want her. I want to come home at the end of a long day and let my beans out. Let em breath.” Hilarious quote. She’s a total basketcase because of her breakup, and it’s so funny to watch.
- Raising Hope-That baby is so stinking cute! Not all tv babies are very cute, but Hope is just precious. I love her little laugh. The Chance family always cracks me up, and the season premiere was no exception.
- Up All Night-Oh the Brinkleys. They are trying so hard to be cool, but they’re having to face the facts that they’re “those neighbors” now. I love how much they try to impress their new trendy neighbors who are so ridiculous.
- Free Agents-I tuned in this week, hoping the show would be less sad and more funny now that they’ve set the premise. I liked the flirtations lessons that she tries to give Emma. I did laugh a bit more than last week and it wasn’t nearly as depressing. It’s still not my favorite show.
- Vampire Diaries-Is it just me or has it gotten way more scary and gory? Ewww so much blood. And I totally jumped when Jeremy sees both of his dead girlfriends. Spooky! I love love love the sexual tension going on with Damon and Elena. I want them to be together but I just don’t see how that’s possible since we all know Stefan will end up back to normal eventually.
- The Secret Circle-I wasn’t as impressed this week but I will still keep watching. I can’t stand Faye. That girl is terrible! And now the rest of them are bound to her forever, bleck. I think next door neighbor hottie is way cuter than Adam, the one that Cassie has this special connection with. But he’s not bad on the eyes either.
- The Middle-The camping trip was hilarious, especially the honeymoon flashback. It’s totally what me and the Hubs would have done if we’d had the time. We have only gone on camping trips since we got married actually, so I guess that’s our vacation of choice. The Hecks did it in true style, with screaming and yelling and awkward family moments.
- Modern Family-Amazing freaking show as usual. I laughed SOOOO hard. The dude ranch episode was funny, but my favorite was the following episode where Lily talks about wanting to “kill the baby”. OMG so creepy/funny. The scene with Mitchell’s inability to share, and Cam’s coddling were so freaking funny. If you’re not watching this show you are missing out hardcore.
- Community– The study group takes Bio together.
- Parks & Recreation– Love my Parks & Rec crew.