- How I Met Your Mother-I already did a write up on it, so I won’t repeat myself. I’ll just say it was awesome as always. “Streaking around the East Village showing brain.” Freaking hilarious quotes!
- Two and a Half Men-Don’t ask my why I watched this show, but I did. I was sucked in by Ashton Kutcher, and I wanted to know how they’d handle the Charlie Sheen debacle. I didn’t watch much of the show before, so it’s hard to judge what it was like previously. Ashton’s character is kind of funny, but I don’t think I’ll continue to watch the show. I just don’t see the appeal.
- 2 Broke Girls-What can I say? I was bored so I watched it. The promos were terrible so I had very low expectations. It was pretty terrible and the jokes were vulgar. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by how bad it was.
- Tia & Tamara-I’m still sad for Tia that her man is always gone. I think I’ve seen him on the show twice briefly and they have a baby due soon. Wtf? Tamara decides to try to get back into her career. It’s still so amazing to see how different these two sisters are. Tamara is very immature and seems to cry at the drop of a hat. She also can’t even be away from her husband for one night, when her pregnant sister needs her. That’s so freaking lame to me. I’m glad she has her sister to encourage her to have her own personality and not to wrap her world around her husband.
- The Lying Game-Ugh, I can’t stand Sutton! Bitching out Emma for kissing her boyfriend, meanwhile she’s hooking up with another guy. Lame! But the look on her face when Ethan dumps her ass is priceless. Haha! I can’t believe that Sutton found Annie. And what the heck are up with her dad and Madeline’s dad and the connection with Annie? Madeline’s dad is sooo creepy and shady. I’m pretty sure he beat up Eduardo and landed him in the hospital (ps Eduardo is hot stuff!). This show is getting better and better. I love the mystery.
- New Girl-Love this cast. But the minute I saw Damon Wayons Jr. I was like, ack does this mean Happy Endings is canceled? Lucky for me it’s not. But that means they have to recast his character on New Girl. On to the plot: I feel bad for Jess, who has just caught her boyfriend cheating. She ends up moving in with three bachelors and of course hilarity ensues. “I don’t want her. I want to come home at the end of a long day and let my beans out. Let em breath.” Hilarious quote. She’s a total basketcase because of her breakup, and it’s so funny to watch.
- Raising Hope-That baby is so stinking cute! Not all tv babies are very cute, but Hope is just precious. I love her little laugh. The Chance family always cracks me up, and the season premiere was no exception.
- Up All Night-Oh the Brinkleys. They are trying so hard to be cool, but they’re having to face the facts that they’re “those neighbors” now. I love how much they try to impress their new trendy neighbors who are so ridiculous.
- Free Agents-I tuned in this week, hoping the show would be less sad and more funny now that they’ve set the premise. I liked the flirtations lessons that she tries to give Emma. I did laugh a bit more than last week and it wasn’t nearly as depressing. It’s still not my favorite show.
- Vampire Diaries-Is it just me or has it gotten way more scary and gory? Ewww so much blood. And I totally jumped when Jeremy sees both of his dead girlfriends. Spooky! I love love love the sexual tension going on with Damon and Elena. I want them to be together but I just don’t see how that’s possible since we all know Stefan will end up back to normal eventually.
- The Secret Circle-I wasn’t as impressed this week but I will still keep watching. I can’t stand Faye. That girl is terrible! And now the rest of them are bound to her forever, bleck. I think next door neighbor hottie is way cuter than Adam, the one that Cassie has this special connection with. But he’s not bad on the eyes either.
- The Middle-The camping trip was hilarious, especially the honeymoon flashback. It’s totally what me and the Hubs would have done if we’d had the time. We have only gone on camping trips since we got married actually, so I guess that’s our vacation of choice. The Hecks did it in true style, with screaming and yelling and awkward family moments.
- Modern Family-Amazing freaking show as usual. I laughed SOOOO hard. The dude ranch episode was funny, but my favorite was the following episode where Lily talks about wanting to “kill the baby”. OMG so creepy/funny. The scene with Mitchell’s inability to share, and Cam’s coddling were so freaking funny. If you’re not watching this show you are missing out hardcore.
- Community– The study group takes Bio together.
- Parks & Recreation– Love my Parks & Rec crew.
It was premiere week for Parenthood and Vampire Diaries and three highly anticipated sitcoms, Up All Night, The Secret Circle and Free Agents. I was so excited to have new shows to watch!
1. Parenthood- A lot more than a summer has passed for the Bravermans. It’s actually been 6 whole months since we left off with the fast talking family. Christina is hugely pregnant but still working hard to support the family, while poor Adam is lost without a job. Crosby is still obviously missing Jasmine, but he’s back to his womanizing ways. Luckily he is managing to still be a good daddy to the ever adorable Jabar. I was excited to see the hot teacher Sean make an appearance and I think we’ll be seeing more of him in Sarah’s life. I’m heartbroken for Haddie and her relationship, but I know that needs to end and fast. Alex is a hot mess, and he really shouldn’t be hanging out with a senior who is just harmlessly being that, a senior in high school. As great a guy as he is, he’s got way too many grown up problems and Haddie should focus on enjoying her youth. I feel terrible for Julia, and it must be so hard watching your sis in law swell with her third pregnancy while she’s desperately trying for a second. I have a feeling she’s going to offend the crap out of the latte girl when she asks if she can adopt her baby. But we’ll see, maybe it’ll be fate intervening.
2. Up All Night-I’ve been waiting all summer for this show. I love love love Christina Applegate and I love the whole premise of the show. It didn’t disappoint. The first scene, best quote, was “Quit saying there’s a baby in there. It’s like there’s a baby hiding in the closet with a knife or something.” Bahahahahaha, hilarious. Then the swearing scene. This is going to be a bleeping amazing show!!
3. The Secret Circle-All I will say is if you like Twilight, or Vampire Diaries, or any show with a supernatural vibe, you will LOVE The Secret Circle. Cassie is a recent orphan who moves in with her grandmother to a small town and discovers she’s a witch.
4. Tia & Tamara-Best quote of the episode, “You just don’t eat a pregnant lady’s cupcake.” Seriously, did Tamara have a death wish?! I can’t believe Tamara is so bad about learning how to incorporate Adam’s things into her condo. A lot of his stuff isn’t that bad actually. The clutter I don’t like, but he does have some great trinkets. She just needs to make him a man cave. It’s also really bad that she’s constantly calling the condo “her place”. It’s their place! They just really need to move to a new place that’s neutral. I also think it’s sort of silly that Tamara is seeing a therapist. I think she just needs to grow up a little. Tia seems a lot more mature and able to handle stress than her twin.
5. The Lying Game- The more I watch this show, the more I can’t stand Sutton. I guess maybe that was the writer’s goal? Sutton is mad because Emma is “screwing up her life one yearbook page at a time” when really she’s just making her a better, nicer, more caring person. It’s revealed at the end of this episode that the twins’ mother is actually still alive, and living in a nearby mental hospital. I’m ready for the next episode!
6. Free Agents-Mehhhh. I don’t know about this show. Pilots are sometimes weak so I will give it another shot, but so far I’m not that impressed. I like the cast so I had high hopes, but the storyline was so sad. A woman whose fiance died a year ago, and a man who’s going through a divorce. Sad sad sad. And we’re supposed to laugh at their misery?
7. Vampire Diaries-Elena has been searching for Stefan who is off killing people and doing Klaus’s bidding. He’s indebted to him for saving Damon’s life. Jeremy is seeing dead people everywhere he goes. Oh and he got way way hotter this year. There are an awful lot of hotties on this show. I think it’s the main reason I watch. 🙂 I’m not a big fan of all the blood and guts, but I like the rest. I felt so bad for Elena and her heartbreak over knowing that Stefan is now a killer. But the phone call between them was one of those bittersweet and romantic moments that makes the show. I was so excited that Caroline and Tyler hooked up. Um, yum! But I can’t believe his mom shot Caroline with vervane. Craziness!
1. The Secret Life of the American Teenager– Amy wants Ricky to come to some big graduation party at a lake house. Ricky refuses, but it’s because he is planning to propose graduation night. Amy doesn’t know this and is pouting because he won’t take her. The silly custody battle with Ben’s friends is just plain dumb. Adrian is so messed up it’s not even funny. I really wish Amy would just punch that crazy bitch in the face and be done with it! I’m annoyed that they still haven’t shown the proposal but I’m excited for it. Amy better say yes or I am done with this show.
2. The Lying Game– Emma is getting closer to Sutton’s boy toy. She’s also been “messing up” Sutton’s life by coming clean on many of Sutton’s lies. I definitely like Emma’s character a lot better than Sutton. Sutton is still in LA and she has discovered that the woman on her birth certificate is not really her birth mom. She also finds out that Emma was placed in a wealthy home from the adoption agency as well. I’m just so skeptical of this story. Do adoption agencies really separate twins knowingly? I highly doubt it. But it makes for good tv. It’s obvious there are people out there that don’t want Sutton and Emma to know the truth about their birth parents. I have a theory that the dad is actually Sutton’s godfather. What do you think?
3. Tia & Tamara– Tia’s friend from The Game is adorable, and their re pore together is actually a lot better than with her own husband. Anyone else notice that? Tamara is back from her honeymoon and comes over to visit with Tia and hear all about it. Tia was totally self absorbed and barely listened to Tia’s stories. I have definitely been there with my pregnant friends and it kind of stinks. Hopefully she’ll get better once the baby is born, but somehow I doubt it. My goal when I have a child is to make sure I am still a good friend. I can definitely see the challenge.
4. Friends With Benefits– There were two new episodes this week. The Mardi Gras episode and the Mentor episode. The Mardi Gras one kind of annoyed me, with Sara’s bitchy sister being really rude. The Mentor epsiode was kind of funny with Aaron dating his previously mentor student now turned porn star. I really want to like this show, but there is just something lacking with the characters. They just aren’t as funny as the cast from Happy Endings.